Carrier IQ is all the rage these days. Here are the simple steps to remove it from your HTC phone.
- Root your phone. Google for “how to root xyz” where xyz is your phone make and model. For more HTC phones you’ll use unrevoked or revolution.
- Install Titanium Backup.
- Go to the Backup/Restore tab.
- Scroll to HTC IQAgent and tap it.
- Press “Un-install !” button and confirm.
- Do the same for IQRD.
If you really want all traces of it gone, additionally you should do the following:
- from /system/bin, remove ‘iqd’ and ‘iqfd’
- from /system/lib, remove libhtciqagent.so, libciq_htc.so, libciq_client.so
- from /system/etc, remove iqprofile.pro
- from /data/data, remove com.htc.android.iqrd and com.htc.android.iqagent.
You should probably then clear the dalvik cache by booting into clockwork mod.